Our 2016 Membership Drive has four months to go. Please help us reach our goal of 300 household memberships.
Annual membership dues are our primary source of the funds we need to support local charitable projects - feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, protecting children, developing young minds, and so much more.
Please consider giving a fully tax-deductible gift of $100 or more. Nearly one in three gave more than the $100 minimum in 2015.
Please click the "Join Now" button to learn how easy it is to give.
The VGCC Foundation is a charitable organization serving the greater Venice area.
The Foundation was created in 2005 to support local non-profit groups through private donations from current and former VGCC residents, and through fund-raising events.
Our mission is to extend the VGCC spirit of giving beyond our gates. We are dedicated to helping those in need in the greater Venice area by providing financial grants to carefully-selected organizations. Each year, a committee of volunteers scrutinizes grant applications to select those that provide the most important health, educational, social, environmental, and cultural benefits to Venice and adjacent communities.
Foundation participation is voluntary, and all contributions are fully tax-deductible. Annual contributions of $100 or more entitle the donors to Foundation membership and full voting rights.
Early in our history, we selected the Gulf Coast Community Foundation to provide us with administrative, financial, and technical expertise. Importantly, as "donor-advisors", our own Board of Directors determines how all of our funds are distributed.
In our first ten years, we have awarded 160 grants totaling nearly $336,000 to 60 different local organizations.
We appreciate the many ways you support your Community Foundation:
- Annual Membership of $100 or more (fully tax deductible)
- Tribute Gifts (Honoraria, Memorials - also tax deductible)
- Foundation Events (Putting Contest, Raffle, Dinner Dance)
- Community Events (Spring Fling, Social Network, "State" Nights, Neighborhood Outings)
- Volunteering (Board, Committees, Grant Site Visits, etc.)
No matter how you contribute, your support makes a difference!
Special Thanks To:
- 2016 Canada Night organizers and participants who raised a total of $330.00 for the Foundation.
- 2016 New Jersey Night organizers and participants who raised a total of $502.50 for the Foundation.
- Holiday Boutique vendor tables for donating a total of $220.
- Warren Hall, founding member and Foundation president for four years.
- Cindy Wood for many years of service to the Foundation and the community.
- 2015 Canada Night 50/50 winners Judy & Don MacRae, who donated their winnings to the Foundation
- 2015 New Jersey Night 50/50 winners Gary & Diane Dreher, who donated their winnings to the Foundation
- Grants Committee members who evaluated and selected recipients
- Volunteers who visited grant applicant locations.
- Angela Massaro-Fain and Kristie O'Kon of Grapevine Communications for providing the new Foundation logo.
- Putting Contest sponsors Melissa and Kelly Caldwell
- Master Association Hoe-Down organizers and participants
- Wayforest/Vestavia 50/50 participants
- Irene Harlem for donating her Raffle top prize
- The Cooks, Feeneys, Rues and Enoksens, and the Madigans and Lisa Zambuto and Bill Schaffnit for their winning 2015 Raffle auction bids
- Cedarbrook/Cheval/Wild Pine 50/50 participants
- VGCC United Way Walkathon team
- Social Network "Mound Ball" players
- 2014 New Jersey Night 50/50 winner Carolyn Gold, who donated her winnings to the Foundation
Click Here for details.
The Venice Golf and Country Club Foundation
250 Venice Golf Club Drive, Venice, FL 34292
Click Here for the Venice Golf and Country Club website.
Click Here for the VGCC Master Association website.