In memory of Bonnie Hansell, Linda
Mathisen, Stan Willner, Cecile Joseph,
Dr. Keshave Reddy, Jackie Reardon,
Larry Frerk, Mike Batchelor, Francis
Our 2018 Membership Drive is in full swing. Please help us reach our goal of 300 household memberships.
Annual membership dues are our primary source of the funds we need to support local charitable projects - feeding the hungry, housing the homeless, protecting children, developing young minds, and so much more.
Please consider giving a fully tax-deductible gift of $100 or more. Nearly one in three gave more than the $100 minimum in 2016.
Please click the "Join Now" button to learn how easy it is to give.
The VGCC Foundation is a charitable organization serving the greater Venice area.
The Foundation was created in 2005 to support local non-profit groups through private donations from current and former VGCC residents, and through fund-raising events.
Our mission is to extend the VGCC spirit of giving beyond our gates. We are dedicated to helping those in need in the greater Venice area by providing financial grants to carefully-selected organizations. Each year, a committee of volunteers scrutinizes grant applications to select those that provide the most important health, educational, social, environmental, and cultural benefits to Venice and adjacent communities.
Foundation participation is voluntary, and all contributions are fully tax-deductible. Annual contributions of $100 or more entitle the donors to Foundation membership and full voting rights.
Early in our history, we selected the Gulf Coast Community Foundation to provide us with administrative, financial, and technical expertise. Importantly, as "donor-advisors", our own Board of Directors determines how all of our funds are distributed.
In our first eleven years, we have awarded 175 grants totaling more than $376,000 to 62 different local organizations.
We appreciate the many ways you support your Community Foundation:
- Annual Membership of $100 or more (fully tax deductible)
- Tribute Gifts (Honoraria, Memorials - also tax deductible)
- Foundation Events (Putting Contest, Raffle, Dinner Dance)
- Community Events (Spring Fling, Social Network, "State" Nights, Neighborhood Outings)
- Volunteering (Board, Committees, Grant Site Visits, etc.)
No matter how you contribute, your support makes a difference!
Special Thanks To:
- The Henry and Annabel Larzelere Foundation, Aquatic Systems, Inc. and Kirby Roofing, Inc. for their generous contributions in 2017.
- 2016 Canada Night organizers and participants who raised a total of $330.00 for the Foundation.
- 2016 New Jersey Night organizers and participants who raised a total of $502.50 for the Foundation.
- 2016 Holiday Boutique vendor tables for donating a total of $220.
- Grants Committee members who are evaluating applications and selecting 2018 recipients.
Click Here for details.
The Venice Golf and Country Club Foundation
250 Venice Golf Club Drive, Venice, FL 34292