2018 Annual Foundation Member Meeting
Date: Wednesday, February 28 @ 1:00 pm
Location: Magnolia Room
Retiring from the Board: Kurt Cowan, Chris Madigan
Board Nominees: Del Borgsdorf, Kari Jackson (2 positions available)
Proxy: To approve the Board Nominees, we must have a quorum, either by personal attendance at the meeting or by proxy. Whether or not you intend to attend the meeting, please return your proxy form by February 27, 2018:
- Electronically reply to the meeting notice e-mail sent to you
- Deliver the completed form to the Clubhouse for placement in the Foundation mailbox
- Mail the completed form to
The Venice Golf and Country Club Foundation
250 Venice Golf Club Drive
Venice, FL 34292
2017 Annual Foundation Member Meeting
Date: Foundation members held their annual meeting on Wednesday, February 23, 2017 in the Venetian Room.
Directors: Peter Griggs and Bill Matthews were unanimously elected to three-year terms on the Board of Directors; Chris Madigan to a 0ne-year term.
Recognition: Retiring directors Peter Martha Campbell, Maureen Heakin and John Peters were thanked for their service to the Foundation.
2016 Annual Foundation Member Meeting
Date: Foundation members held their annual meeting on Wednesday, February 24, 2016.
Directors: Kurt Cowan, Marc Fenton, Edie Haack and Sharon Williams were unanimously elected to serve on the Board of Directors.
Bylaws: Members unanimously approced a bylaws amendment that empowers the Board of Directors to sponsor special fundraising events and donate 100% of the event proceeds to one or more specified not-for-profit organizations. The amendment requires the Board to vet recipients to ensure that donated funds will be used in accordance with the Foundation's mission.
Recognition: Retiring directors Peter Campisi, Deborah Sanders, William Schaffnit and Gary Felfoldy received certificates of appreciation for their service to the Foundation and dedication to its mission of "giving beyond our gates". Gary received a special award for his seven years on the Board as treasurer, secretary and president.
2015 Annual Foundation Member Meeting
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Participation: 90 Foundation members participated through attendance or proxy authoriztion.
John Peters was elected to a three-year term on the Board of Directors.
Cindy Wood was honored for her many years of dedicated service to the Foundation and the community.
- Change the name of the organization to "The Venice Golf and Country Club Community Foundation".
- Open membership to "all current and former residents and members" of VGCC.
- Base annual grant cap decisions on the previous fiscal (calendar) year.
- Allow special targeted fundraising unconstrained by the Foundation's "75% of annual net income" rule. (Issue: How to vet targeted charitable organizations.)
2014 Annual Foundation Member Meeting
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 @ 2:00PM
Location: Venetian Room
2014 Elected to Three-Year Terms as Directors:
They joined Gary Felfoldy, Cindy Wood, Peter Campisi and appointees from the Master Association (Jim Baker) and Club (Warren Hall, then John Cohoon) Boards. The Board subsequently appointed John Peters as Director through 2014, succeeding Deb Sanders.
Our sincere thanks go to Terry Bole, Sherry Borgsdorf, Carole Raymond and Allen Westerfield for their contributions to the Board last year.
2014 Bylaws Amendments
The proposed amendments were approved unanimously.
Summary of amendments:
- Foundation Name: Replaced "&" with "and"
- Purpose: Added modifier "in the Venice area"
- Director Removal: Added explicit "with or without" cause
- Action w/out a meeting: Includes email communication
- Action w/out a meeting: Requires "majority plus one" approval
- Board Powers: Exec Committee recommends grant amounts
- Board Powers: Grants from annual net income not to exceed 75%
- Board Powers: Permits endowment & other investment fund types
- Board Powers: Removed making contracts, borrowing, lending
- Officer Elections: Removed restriction on consecutive terms
- All Committees: Members subject to Board approval
- Resource and Development: Renamed "Development"
- Grants Committee: Allows re-appointment after 12-month absence
- Grants Committee: Presents follow-up report to Board
- Finance Committee: Tracks and reports receipts & expenses
- Publicity Committee: Renamed "Communications" Committee
- Publicity Committee: Conducts outreach to increase awareness
Click Here for complete bylaws.